Pages

Feb 13, 2012

Author Introduction: Lidia

Hola. I am Lidia from Kinder Latino. As a bilingual teacher, I have always had a difficult time finding resources for my Spanish speaking students. My first years of teaching included many, many hours of working late at school. Sometimes, the custodians left school before me! I was always creating new material, translating printables and searching for websites that might provide resources in Spanish. There is an abundance of learning activities in English, but finding anything in Spanish is like looking for a needle in a haystack! That is why I created Kinder Latino. It's a wonderful way to share ideas and resources with teachers who find themselves overwhelmed in the search for material. When I created my Kinder Latino facebook page, I realized that there is no one that I can network with. When I share ideas in English, my followers request it in Spanish. That is understandable. I have a very specific audience and need to cater to them. I do want to share other teacher's ideas, not just my own. During the month of December, I found myself working extra hard to create and share resources with my followers. That is when I knew that I would love to collaborate with other teachers who share a common interest in providing ideas and resources for our Spanish speaking students. This is how the Bilingual Teacher Clubhouse was born. It is my hope that this site will be the place to inform, share and find ideas that will help you save time with your lesson plans!

¡Hasta pronto!

♥Lidia R. Barbosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10