Pages

Jul 3, 2014

Meet Ginger from School en casa, and grab a fun surprise!

¡Buenas! I'm Ginger from School en casa, another new contributor! I'll give you a brief introduction, and I have a fun surprise for you at the end!

I'm a teacher by profession, with a Master's degree in Education, specifically Social Sciences for grades 5-12. I also certified in Spanish, and have taught both history and Spanish in public and private schools. I unexpectedly became a homeschooler when my son reached kindergarten age, as I felt that the public school where we were wouldn't be the best fit for him, and I wanted him to be both bilingual and biliterate. I have three children, and have spoken to all of them in Spanish since they were born, so they're native bilinguals. I learned to actually speak Spanish while living abroad in Quito, Ecuador. We cheered hard for la Tri in the Mundial! I've kept in contact with the local Latino community wherever we have lived since then.

This fall I'll be homeschooling 3rd grade and Kindergarten. We learn all subjects primarily in Spanish. I am currently training in Montessori, and we are following that method for our schooling now. You'll find that our activities fall in traditional standards up to fifth grade, thanks to the concrete Montessori materials. You can follow along at my primary blog, School en casa and find lots of pictures of our daily work on my Tumblr.

From my blog, you can find links to my Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Facebook, too! And if you are interested in learning about the impact of student choice in the classroom, you won't want to miss the four-part series I'm presenting right now!

Now, ready for the surprise I promised? I just uploaded a new set of task cards to TpT, and they are FREE for today and tomorrow only, just to celebrate this wonderful blog! There are forty cards with word problems about coins, ready to be printed and used. You'll find answer cards and a recording sheet, too! ¡Qué disfruten!

Coin Task Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10